Acts Church Bradford is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and adults by:
• Selecting and training all those with any responsibility within the church, in line with our safer recruitment policies, including the use of criminal records disclosures and registration with the relevant schemes.
• Supporting, training and resourcing those who work with children, young people and adults on a paid or voluntary basis.
• Recognising it is the responsibility of everyone to prevent any abuse of children, young people and adults and to report any such abuse.
• Responding without delay to every complaint or concern made which suggests that a child, young person or adult may have been or could be harmed and co-operating with the appropriate authority in any investigation.
• We commit to promoting safe practice by those in positions of trust.
• Offering pastoral care and support, including supervision and referral to the appropriate authorities, to any member of our church or community known to have offended against a child, young person or adult.
Our Safeguarding Policy is available by contacting our Safeguarding coordinator: Kathryn Holland
If you are concerned a child or vulnerable adult may be at immediate risk please contact:
• Police: 999
• NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
• Childline: 0800 1111
• Samaritans: 116 123
• National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
• Action on Elder Abuse 0808 808 8141