Your Personal Data – What Is It?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Who We Are
Our website address is: https://actschurchbradford.com/
Faith Ministries and Acts Church Bradford is the Data Controller (referred to as The Charity). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How Do We Process Your Personal Data?
Acts Church Bradford complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
• To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public in Bradford as specified in our constitution:
• To administer membership records:
• To fundraise and promote the interests of the charity:
• To manage our employees and volunteers:
• To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications):
• To inform you of news, events, activities and services:
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
• Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services and keep you informed about events.
• Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations in relation to Gift Aid or under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement.
• Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body with a political, philosophical, religious or trade union aim provided:
o the processing relates only to members or former members, or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes
o there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the church in order to carry out a service to other church members or for purposes connected with the church.
How long do we keep your personal data?
Annually review the length of time we keep your personal data.
Consider the purpose/s we hold the information for in deciding whether, and for how long, to retain that information.
Securely update, archive or delete information that is no longer required, or is out of date, for the purpose or purposes agreed.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
• The right to request a copy of your personal data which the Charity holds about you.
• The right to request that the Charity corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Charity to retain such data.
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
• The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller (known as the right to data portability).
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact Acts Church Bradford at: email@example.com